Phlogopite mica gaskets
High-temperature phlogopite mica-based materials
The novamica® product family is based on high-grade, optimized phlogopite mica, which is far superior to other types of mica in terms of temperature resistance. In combination with an effective binder system, novamica® opens up a variety of application possibilities in high temperature ranges. novamica® materials have excellent performance characteristics thanks to their extremely low binder content. novamica® enables reliable solutions for applications that cannot be not covered by conventional gasket materials.
novamica® gaskets have the following properties:
- Extreme temperature resistance up to 1000 °C
- High chemical resistance – even against aggressive and corrosive media
- Good thermal and electrical insulation properties
- Incombustible (DNI = does not ignite – according to ASTM SAE J369 fire test)
- Good adaptability to flange unevenness
- Reliable long-term performance even at maximum temperatures
- Extremely low binder content guarantees long-term stability
novamica® products are not only suitable as conventional high-temperature gaskets but also as insulation materials or temperature-resistant compensation elements.
However, novamica® materials are best suited for applications with a temperature level of 400°C or higher.